Engineered For Comfort And Confidence—All Day Long.
Nobody likes to get beat up. And we're not talking about some playground bully—we're talking about how some ATVs treat you on a tough trail. Not the Honda FourTrax Foreman Rubicon, though—it's a premium ATV that places a premium on rider comfort. All-day comfort. And in 2016, we have Rubicon models with a wide range of features so you can pick the one that's perfect for you.
Independent Rear Suspension: All our 2016 Foreman Rubicon models feature an Independent Rear Suspension setup (IRS) that gives you a smoother ride and increased traction over uneven terrain.
Rugged Styling: The Rubicon's bodywork gives it a rugged appearance. But it does more than just look good—it’s designed to help protect you from mud and other debris in the woods or on the jobsite, and to shrug off dings and scrapes so it keeps looking good as long as you own it.
- Independent Rear Suspension: The Rubicon’s Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) returns two big benefits: First, it helps ensure constant tire contact with the ground for superior traction; second, it gives you an ultra-smooth ride over rough terrain, so you don’t get beat up on the trail.
- Front & Rear Preload Adjustable Suspension: Preload adjustable shocks allow you to optimize suspension performance for various load conditions.
- Inboard Rear Disc Brake: Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Rubicon’s reverse lever is tough, simple and easier to use.
- Maxxis Tires: Designed to work perfectly with the Rubicon’s Independent Rear Suspension, the Maxxis tires feature an aggressive tread pattern for excellent traction in mud, sand and rocky terrain.
- Reverse/Parking Brake Lever: Mounted up on the left handlebar along with the parking brake, the Rubicon’s reverse lever is tough, simple and easy to use.
- Rack Capacity: The Rubicon has sportier steel racks: Front rack capacity is a full 99 pounds, and the rear rack can hold up to a whopping 187 pounds. Multiple tie-down points also make it easier than ever to secure your loads.
- Towing Capacity: Got a tough job to tackle? No problem—the Rubicon is up to the task. With a towing capacity that’s over 1300 pounds, the Rubicon can really pull a load.
- ACG Output: Thanks to the neodymium-magnet stator design, the powerful ACG produces sufficient amount of electricity, so you can run more Honda Genuine Accessories.
- Dual Range Drive/Low Shifter: Like a full-sized four-wheel-drive truck, Rubicon DCT models feature a drive/low range in its gearbox, so you can choose the perfect gear for crawling over technical terrain, pulling heavy loads or cruising on smoother trails.
- Lantern-Style 50W Assist Headlight: The Rubicon features three headlights, two mounted on the front fenders and one on the handlebar. The 50-watt handlebar light moves with the bar to illuminate the area you choose and runs independently of the headlights so you can turn it on when you need it, and off when you don’t. All three use multi-reflector lenses for superior light distribution.
- Digital Display with Maintenance Minder: Digital meter display includes a Maintenance Minder system that signals when it’s time for service. Other functions include trip odometer, hour meter, gear position-indicator, fuel gauge, clock, and 2WD/4WD.
- More Comfortable Seat: For all-day ride comfort the Rubicon’s seat features thicker foam and a seat cover with a “gripper” texture. That gives a “gripper” texture seat cover that it one of the best seats we’ve ever engineered for an ATV.
- Styling: Sure, the Rubicon’s rugged bodywork looks great. But it does a lot more too. It's designed to help protect you from mud and other debris, and to shrug off the dings and scrapes of the jobsite or riding in the woods. Another example? The Rubicon’s all-steel full-coverage front bumper features an integrated mount for an accessory winch.
- TraxLok®: Honda’s TraxLok® 2WD/4WD system offers 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD mode with locking front differential to optimize traction. TraxLok also incorporates a Speed Override mode that can be engaged when the front differential is locked, allowing increased wheel speed under severe conditions such as deep mud.
- Automatic DCT: Strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain and an automatic program that upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding—the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission has it all, including a low range transmission—a Honda exclusive in an IRS machine.
- Engine Type: 475cc liquid-cooled OHV longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke engine
- Bore And Stroke: 92.0 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI
- Ignition: Full transistorized ignition
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Five-speed automatic dual-clutch transmission with reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts with TraxLok® and locking front differential
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual-arm; 8.46 in. travel
- Front Brakes: 190 mm hydraulic discs
- Rear Brakes: 170 mm hydraulic disc
- Front Tires: 25 x 8-12
- Front Tires: 25 x 10-12
- Length: 84.5 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 48.6 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.9 in.
- Seat Height: 35.8 in.
- Ground Clearance: 9.4 in.
- Curb Weight: 719 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Towing Capacity: 1322 lb.
- Model Id: TRX500FA6
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
Important Safety Information: Recommended for riders 16 years of age and older. Honda recommends that all ATV riders take a training course and read their owner's manual thoroughly.