- Semi-Dry-Sump Engine Design: Compact and lighter-weight, the Rancher’s overhead-valve, semi-dry sump design creates an engine that's shorter from top to bottom. That returns two big benefits: it enhances handling by lowering the engine's center of gravity, and it also increases ground clearance.
- Programmed Fuel Injection: Being able to count on crisp performance and starting under any conditions is a must for anyone who depends on their ATV. Thanks to Honda's Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI)—featuring a 34mm throttle body, 12-hole Denso injector, and a new oxygen sensor that allows the fuel mapping to instantaneously adjust to any riding condition —the Rancher not only ensures trouble-free operation in the cold and at varying altitudes, it reduces emissions and enhances fuel economy.
- In-Tank Fuel Pump: We’ve incorporated an in-tank fuel pump for cooler pump operation, and long pump life.
- New Reverse Lever: New for 2015, the Rancher’s new reverse lever is simple, easier and more intuitive to use.
- Digital Instruments: Easy to read and full of the information you want, in addition to the standard gear position indicator, speedometer, odometer, trip meter, and hour meter you get readouts for fuel level, clock, water temperature, speed and Honda’s “maintenance minder” system to help remind you when it’s time to have your ATV serviced.
- More Comfortable Seat: A plush seat and open rider triangle (Bars/Seat/Pegs) teams up with the suspension to really treat you right. Superior ergonomics have always been a Honda priority, and the Rancher is no exception. Redesigned last year with thicker, softer foam, it’s more comfortable than ever. Plus, our 2015 Rancher Automatic DCT with IRS model has a new seat profile, with new seat foam and a new “gripper” texture seat cover.
- Honda Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission: Strong internals, fast shifts, excellent control, true compression-braking capability in steep terrain, and an automatic program the upshifts and downshifts while you concentrate on riding—the Honda automatic dual-clutch transmission has it all. It’s one of the best choices you can make, when choosing your Rancher model.
- Disc Brakes (Rancher IRS models): The Rancher IRS models offer disc brakes all around for excellent braking performance.
- Independent Rear Suspension: The Rancher Automatic DCT with Independent Rear Suspension (IRS) has over 8 inches of travel and 9 inches of clearance that returns two big benefits: First, it helps ensure constant tire contact with the ground for superior traction, And second, it gives you an ultra-smooth ride over rough terrain, so you don’t get beat up on the trail.
- Engine Type: 420cc liquid-cooled fuel-injected OHV wet-sump longitudinally mounted single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 86.5 mm x 71.5 mm
- Induction: Keihin® 33 mm throttle-body fuel-injection system
- Ignition: Full-transistorized type with electronic advance
- Starter: Electric with optional auxiliary recoil
- Compression Ratio: 9.9:1
- Clutch: Automatic
- Transmission: Automatic DCT with Reverse
- Driveline: Direct front and rear driveshafts
Chassis / Suspension / Brakes
- Front Suspension: Independent double-wishbone; 7.28 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Independent dual-arm; 8.46 in. travel
- Front Brake: 190 mm Dual hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake: 170 mm Hydraulic disc
- Front Tire: 24 x 8-12
- Rear Tire: 24 x 10-11
- Length: 84.6 in.
- Width: 47.4 in.
- Height: 46.8 in.
- Wheelbase: 50.9 in.
- Seat Height: 34.9 in.
- Ground Clearance: 9.2 in.
- Curb Weight: 686 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel—ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 3.9 gal., including 1.3-gal. reserve
- Turning Radius: 11.5 feet
- Model Id: TRX420FA6F
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resources Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards
- Available Colors: Red, Orange
Factory Warranty Information
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan